The information needed to obtain a Local Business Tax Receipt includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Business Name
- Owner(s) or President's Name
- Mailing Address
- Physical Address
- Telephone Number
- Owner's Social Security or Business Federal ID Number
- Valid Picture ID, preferably Owner's Drivers License
- If your business is required to have insurance coverage, a copy of the policy as proof of your compliance will be required with your application for an initial Local Business Tax Receipt or renewal.
- Individual and/or Business must pass a series of inspection. These inspections are as follows:
- Zoning Inspection
- Code Enforcement
- Building Inspection
- Fire Inspection
- Background Check
- Hotel & Restaurant, Department of Agriculture or HRS if applicable.
- Division of Motor Vehicle if applicable
- Department of Children and Families if applicable
- Division/ Agency of Health Care Administration
- Department of Business and Professional Regulation if applicable
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Department of Financial Services
- Division of State Fire Marshall, Department of Insurance; (Fireworks)
- Department of Natural Resources
An individual or business that pays the Local Business Tax Receipt fee is only granted the privilege of doing business in the City of Avon Park.
You must come into the office when applying for initial Local Business Tax Receipt. Fees vary depending on type of business. Bed and Breakfast will need two licenses, one for the lodging and one for the kitchen if serving a full breakfast rather than continental.
Retail Merchant Business Tax Receipts costs are based on inventory. We require inventory figures be submitted in writing. The provisions as to retail merchant applies to drugstores, food stores and all stores and mercantile establishments.
Local Business Tax Receipts expire September 30th of each year.
For information on the various types of Local Business Tax Receipts, please contact our office at (863) 452-4433 or Fax number - 863-452-4424