Important Information - Utility and Sanitation Billing Policies (updated 8/25/15)
The Utility Department provides billing services for water, wastewater and garbage service to the City of Avon Park. This department consist of 6 dedicated employees who are focused on the goal of providing utility service to its customers, conserving our natural resources, and making the City of Avon Park utilities department known through out our area as a utility comprised of dedicated professionals. The Utility Department works hand in hand with the Water Work Center in providing the best utility service in Highlands County. Our water was rated 3rd best in the state of Florida.
If you have any questions concerning the Utility Billing Department, please contact our department at 863-452-4433, Monday thru Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Policy Change Notice to our Utility Customers
In order to better serve you, we are taking this opportunity to advise you of a change in our policy regarding disconnection of service for nonpayment. City Council adopted Ordinance No 15-09 on July 27, 2009 which became effective immediately upon passing. This ordinance specifies our new "Disconnection of Service for Nonpayment policy. Our new policy is as follows: To avoid service interruption all charges, current and past due, must be paid within 10 days of the due date. If service is disconnected, the entire balance plus a minimum reconnect charge of $40 (before 4:00 pm) must be paid prior to reconnection of service. If your account is not paid and reconnected within 7 days of being shut off, your account will be closed and your deposit applied to the balance due. If there is a remaining balance in which the deposit did not cover, then that balance must be paid with in 10 days of the final due date or your account will be turned into our collection agency.
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
Payment Options for Utility Bills*:
- Drop Box - drive up or inside office.
- Mail to: 110 E Main St., Avon Park, FL 33825
- Bank Drafting (Click on ACH PROGRAM FORM above)
- On Line: View your account information real time and/or make a payment (fees will apply soon).
- In Office at City Hall located at 110 E Main St, Avon Park, FL (Across Donaldson Park)
- Want to receive your bill as soon as it's generated? Go Paperless, sign up for e-billing today! Just call us at 863-452-4433.
* Coming soon: Customers will be able to call in and opt to pay with e-check or credit card via phone. Fees will apply.